Friday, May 8, 2009

Adventures in Rio!!

I simply cannot believe the time has come for the internship in Brasil! We have been thinking about this, discussing, preparing, and praying for this trip for over a year!!! And FINALLY it is here!! I am psyched!
I am so excited to be posting updates on all the happeneings here in Rio throughout the summer. God has worked so mightily already in our lives to prepare us for this exciting summer, I look forward to sharing all of the blessings, excitment, adventures, etc... with all of you!!! Keep looking, I will try to update this site as often as I can with pictures, -lots and lots of pictures ;)-
Things the Lord is teaching me, stories from our everyday experiences... It's going to be a crazy-awesome summer and I'm thrilled to share it with you all!!!

Do you all know how this all came about?
Most of you know that two years ago I was incredible blessed to travel to Brazil on a youth missions trip. That trip changed me through and through!!! My perspective on missions, servanthood, love, mercy, grace...you name it, God challenged me on it. It was the craziest time of my life and I thank God everyday for the experience!!! After coming home from Brasil, there were ideas of forming an internship flosting around but nothing really solid for a while. Then suddenly we started seriously talking about searching for an intership team to go down for an entire summer, 10 weeks to be exact. Somewhere along the way Bria, Anna, and I figured out we were going to Brasil to serve for the summer :) A plan from God we ecstatically recieved!!!!

We are about...let's see...24 DAYS FROM LEAVING!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Major Sweetness! Laura I am so happy that you are doing this...and that you started a blog! I will miss you like crazy, but I know you are going to have an amazing and God-filled summer and will bring blessings to everyone you meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - this is your Lizzy Bennet. Elenatintil is my online name. :)

    ReplyDelete